Our quality philosophy focuses on delivering superior quality by:
- Managing the manufacturing process to produce products to specific targets; this, in turn, assures that product specifications are met or exceeded. To accomplish this, Trinseo utilizes a modified Total Quality Management approach to assure and improve the quality of the company’s products and services, thereby increasing customer satisfaction
- Requiring our raw material suppliers and service partners, to comply with our Trinseo’s Purchasing Ethics Policy, and Trinseo’s Supplier Code of Conduct. We also encourage our suppliers to be Responsible Care® or similarly certified
The Trinseo quality approach is based on the idea that every person in the company has responsibility for – and contributes to – the quality of Trinseo’s products and services. In fact, the strategies and performance metrics for Trinseo businesses include quality goals. Cross functional teams involving employees with many different responsibilities (including business, research and development, purchasing, supply chain, manufacturing, etc.) are responsible for accomplishing these goals.
By establishing a quality management system, Trinseo leverages the engagement of executive leadership, line management, and many functions within the workforce, as well as suppliers and customers, in order to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Quality in Action
To consistently meet established specifications and contractual obligations, as well as comply with regulations, Trinseo uses business performance standards in implementing its quality strategy.
These standards emphasize a strategy to:
- Deliver products to customers within the agreed time (On Time)
- Deliver to customers the appropriate equipment, in clean and serviceable conditions, and accompanied by all expected, accurate paperwork (In Full)
- Deliver the right product and meet all agreed product quality and performance requirements (In Quality)
- Perform a proper analysis on all customer feedback to define corrective and preventive measures to minimize recurrence
- Measure performance against defined criteria and goals
The Trinseo management system integrates the key elements of several external standards into its best practices, including ISO 9001 (standard quality management system), ISO 14001 (environmental health and safety), and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practices) for direct and indirect food-contact and medical products. Furthermore, Trinseo incorporates ISO/TS 16949 automotive quality management standards, which include best practices for design, development, production, installation, and servicing automotive products. All six Trinseo plants that produce dedicated products for the automotive industry are ISO/TS 16949
Trinseo’s overall goal is to maintain a laser-like focus on meeting its customers’ needs every day and reliably providing quality products and services in order to earn and maintain their business.
In 2015, Trinseo’s Total Quality Strategy resulted in a 20% reduction in customer claims versus the prior year.