June 14, 2023
Trinseo Recognized by ACC for Safety, Energy Efficiency, and Waste Management
Trinseo was recognized by the American Chemistry Council (ACC) with three Responsible Care® awards highlighting the Company’s dedication to enhancing sustainability performance at our facilities.
“These awards demonstrate our dedication to achieving our sustainability goals and would not have been possible without the daily commitment of our employees to improving our performance,” said Chief Sustainability Officer Francesca Reverberi. “This distinction from the ACC places Trinseo’s initiatives among the top in the chemical industry. We are continuously driven to deliver better results for the environment, employees, and communities to be better corporate partners.”
Trinseo was recognized with three Responsible Care awards for work in 2022:
- Exceptional Merit for the Waste Minimization, Reuse and Recycling Award, which recognized the implementation of a closed loop water recycling system at Trinseo’s Midland, MI, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) facility. This system will help the facility reduce its freshwater intake by 36 million gallons—or 90% of the facility’s intake—per year.
- Energy Efficiency Award for the development of Trinseo’s decarbonization strategy across the Company. Trinseo has begun to implement projects around the world, which have reduced our greenhouse gas emissions by 8% between 2020 and 2021.
- Certificate of Excellence in the Facility Safety Awards for all Trinseo U.S. sites, which highlights the significant achievements in employee health and safety performance. A Certificate of Excellence recognizes those facilities with zero deaths, zero days away from work cases, and zero job transfer or restriction cases among both employees and contractors.
“Responsible operations play a vital role in company culture, morale, and productivity,” said Global Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Director Jos van den Brink. “At Trinseo, we are dedicated to our sustainability initiatives so we can support our employees and operate responsibly in the local communities. This recognition from the ACC affirms that our initiatives are not only delivering results but leading our industry.”
Trinseo’s 2030 Sustainability Goals include:
- reducing our environmental footprint through our Climate Change initiatives.
- improving our operations by limiting our water intake, waste production, and pellet loss through Responsible Operations strategy.
- achieving one or more years of zero recordable injuries for employees and contractors through our Sustainable Workforce efforts.
Trinseo is a dedicated member of the ACC Responsible Care® Program and believes in continuously improving EH&S performance.
More information on the awards can be found on the ACC website.